(1) For the purposes of Rule 8.3.1(1)(a), a Relevant Person must identify a customer and verify the customer's identity in accordance with this Rule.
(2) If a customer is a natural person, a Relevant Person must obtain and verify information about the person's:
(a) full name (including any alias);
(b) date of birth;
(d) legal domicile; and
(e) current residential address (other than a post office box).
(3) If a customer is a Body Corporate, the Relevant Person must obtain and verify:
(a) the full name of the Body Corporate and any trading name;
(b) the address of its registered office and, if different, its principal place of business;
(c) the date and place of incorporation or registration;
(d) relevant corporate documents of the customer; and
(e) the full names of the members of its Governing Body and persons exercising a senior management position.
(4) If a customer is a foundation, the Relevant Person must obtain and verify:
(a) a certified copy of the charter and by-laws of the foundation or any other documents constituting the foundation; and
(b) documentary evidence of the appointment of the guardian or any other person who may exercise powers in respect of the foundation.
(5) If a customer is a trust or other similar Legal Arrangement, the Relevant Person must obtain and verify:
(a) a certified copy of the trust deed or other documents that set out the nature, purpose and terms of the trust or arrangement; and
(b) documentary evidence of the appointment of the trustee or any other person exercising powers under the trust or arrangement.
|Amended on (15 April, 2019).|