784. Charges created by a company
(1) Subject to subsection (6), this section applies where a company creates a charge.
(2) The Registrar must register the charge against the name of the company and make such register available to the public if, before the end of the period allowed for delivery, the company or any person interested in the charge delivers to the Registrar for registration a charge filing statement (see section 787).
(3) Where the charge is created or evidenced by an instrument, the Registrar is required to register it only if a certified copy of the instrument is delivered to the Registrar with the charge filing statement.
(4) "The period allowed for delivery" is 21 days beginning with the day after the date of creation of the charge (see section 788), unless an order allowing an extended period is made under section 789(3).
(5) Where an order is made under section 789(3) a copy of the order must be delivered to the Registrar with the charge filing statement.
(6) This section does not apply to—
(a) a charge in favour of a landlord on a cash deposit given as a security in connection with the lease of land,
(b) a charge excluded from the application of this section by these Regulations, or any other law of the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(7) In this Part—
"cash" includes foreign currency,
"charge" includes a mortgage, and
"effective date" means the date that this Chapter comes into force.