7. Short title, extent, commencement and savings
(1) These Rules may be cited as the Divisions and Jurisdiction (Court of First Instance) Rules 2015.
(2) These Rules shall apply in the whole of the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(3) These Rules shall come into force on the date of their publication (the "Commencement Date"). The Board may by rules make any transitional, transitory, consequential, saving, incidental or supplementary provision in relation to the commencement of these Rules as the Board thinks fit.
(4) Nothing in these Rules shall have retrospective effect.
(5) On and from the Commencement Date, any law previously in force in the Abu Dhabi Global Market which is inconsistent with, or deals with the same subject matter as, these Rules shall, subject to the ADGM Founding Law, cease to have any effect or force in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.