57. Direction To Change Name: Supplementary Provisions
(1) The following provisions have effect in relation to a direction under section 56 (power to direct change of name in case of similarity to existing name).
(2) Any such direction–
(a) must be given within twelve months of the company’s registration by the name in question, and
(b) must specify the period within which the company is to change its name.
(3) The Registrar may by a further direction extend that period. Any such direction must be given before the end of the period for the time being specified.
(4) A direction under section 56 (power to direct change of name in case of similarity to existing name) or this section must be in writing.
(5) If a company fails to comply with the direction, a contravention of these Regulations is committed by–
(a) the company, and
(b) every officer of the company who is in default.
For this purpose a shadow director is treated as an officer of the company.
(6) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (5) shall be liable to a fine of up to level 4.