56. Power to direct change of name in case of similarity to existing name
(1) The Registrar may direct a company to change its name if it has been registered in a name that is the same as or, in the opinion of the Registrar, too like—
(a) the name of the Federal Government of the United Arab Emirates or the Government of any Emirate within the United Arab Emirates,
(b) the name of a municipality within the United Arab Emirates,
(c) the name of any public authority specified for the purposes of this section pursuant to rules made by the Board,
(d) the name of any other person registered with any governmental authority of the United Arab Emirates or of any Emirate within the United Arab Emirates,
(e) a name appearing at the time of the registration in the Registrar's register of company names, or
(f) a name that should have appeared in the Registrar's register of company names at that time.
(2) The Registrar may make rules supplementing this section.
(3) The rules may make provision—
(a) as to matters that are to be disregarded, and
(b) as to words, expressions, signs or symbols that are, or are not, to be regarded as the same,
for the purposes of this section.
(4) The rules may provide—
(a) that no direction is to be given under this section in respect of a name—
(i) in specified circumstances, or
(ii) if specified consent is given, and
(b) that a subsequent change of circumstances or withdrawal of consent does not give rise to grounds for a direction under this section.
(5) In this section "specified" means specified in rules made under this section.