479. Resolution removing auditor from office
(1) The members of a company may remove an auditor from office at any time.
(2) This power is exercisable only—
(a) by ordinary resolution at a meeting and in accordance with section 480 (special notice required for resolution removing auditor from office), or
(b) in the case of a company with only one member, by written resolution or a decision taken as mentioned in section 362 (records of decisions by sole member).
(3) Nothing in this section is to be taken as depriving the person removed of compensation or damages payable to him in respect of the termination—
(a) of his appointment as auditor, or
(b) of any appointment terminating with that as auditor.
(4) An auditor may not be removed from office before the expiration of his term of office except by resolution under this section.