478. Contraventions In Connection With Auditor’s Report
(1) A person to whom this section applies commits a contravention of these Regulations if he knowingly or recklessly causes a report under section 467 (auditor’s report on company’s annual accounts) to include any matter that is misleading, false or deceptive in a material particular.
(2) A person to whom this section applies commits a contravention of these Regulations if he knowingly or recklessly causes such a report to omit a statement required by–
(a) section 469(2)(b) (statement that company’s accounts do not agree with accounting records and returns),
(b) section 469(3) (statement that necessary information and explanations not obtained), or
(c) section 469(5) (statement that directors wrongly took advantage of exemption from obligation to prepare group accounts).
(3) This section applies to any director, member, employee or agent of the firm who is eligible for appointment as auditor of the company.
(4) A person who commits the contraventions referred to in subsection (1) and (2) shall be liable to a fine of up to level 5.