45. Variation of registered lease
(1) A registered lease may be varied by registering an instrument of variation of the lease.
(2) However, the instrument of variation shall not —
(a) add or remove a party to the lease; or
(b) be lodged after the term of the lease (including as extended by any option to renew) has expired.
(3) A lease as varied by registration of an instrument of variation continues in force according to its terms and is not surrendered by virtue of the variation.
(4) This section does not limit other ways in which a lease may be varied. If a lease is varied by other means, the Registrar may register variation in the folio on application by either lessor or lessee and supported by any evidence the Registrar may require.