45. Statements of policy
(1) The Registrar must prepare and issue a statement of its policy with respect to —
(a) the imposition of fines, suspensions or restrictions under this Part; and
(b) the period for which suspensions or restrictions under this Part are to have effect.
(2) The Registrar's policy in determining what the amount of a fine should be, or what the period for which a suspension or restriction is to have effect should be, must include having regard to —
(a) the seriousness of the contravention in question in relation to the nature of the relevant requirement or provision of these Regulations contravened;
(b) the extent to which that contravention was deliberate or reckless; and
(c) whether the person against whom action is to be taken is an individual.
(3) The Registrar may at any time alter or replace a statement issued by it under this section.
(4) If a statement issued under this section is altered or replaced by the Registrar, the Registrar must issue the altered or replacement statement.
(5) The Registrar must, without delay, give the Board a copy of any statement which it publishes under this section.
(6) A statement issued under this section by the Registrar must be published by the Registrar in the way appearing to the Registrar to be best calculated to bring it to the attention of the public.
(7) In exercising, or deciding whether to exercise, its power under sections 41 or 42 in the case of any particular contravention, the Registrar must have regard to any statement published by it under this section and in force at the time when the contravention in question occurred.
(8) The Registrar may charge a reasonable fee for providing a person with a copy of the statement.