44. Action where person excluded
(1) In this paragraph and in paragraphs 45 (Indication to excluded person) and 46 (Complaint) of Part 11 (Proxies and corporate representation) of this Schedule, an "excluded person" means a person who has taken all steps necessary to attend a meeting under the arrangements which —
(a) have been put in place by the convener of the meeting under paragraph 18 (Remote attendance at meetings) of Part 6 (Constitution of meetings) of this Schedule; but
(b) do not permit that person to attend the whole or part of that meeting.
(2) Where the chairman becomes aware during the course of the meeting that there is an excluded person, the chairman may —
(a) continue the meeting;
(b) declare the meeting void and convene the meeting again; or
(c) declare the meeting valid up to the point where the person was excluded and adjourn the meeting.
(3) Where the chairman continues the meeting, the meeting is valid unless —
(a) the chairman decides in consequence of a complaint under paragraph 46 (Complaint) of Part 11 (Proxies and corporate representation) of this Schedule to declare the meeting void and hold the meeting again; or
(b) the Court directs otherwise.
(4) Without prejudice to sub-paragraph (2), where the chairman becomes aware during the course of the meeting that there is an excluded person, the chairman may, in the chairman's discretion and without an adjournment, declare the meeting suspended for any period up to one (1) hour.