40. Common Seal
(1) A company may have a common seal, but need not have one.
(2) A company which has a common seal shall have its name engraved in legible characters on the seal.
(3) If a company fails to comply with subsection (2) an offence is committed by–
(a) the company, and
(b) every officer of the company who is in default.
(4) An officer of a company, or a person acting on behalf of a company, commits a contravention of these regulations if he uses, or authorises the use of, a seal purporting to be a seal of the company on which its name is not engraved as required by subsection (2).
(5) A person who commits a contravention under this section is liable to a level 1 fine.