355. Public companies: annual general meeting
(1) Every public company must hold a general meeting as its annual general meeting in each period of 6 months beginning with the day following its accounting reference date (in addition to any other meetings held during that period).
(2) A company that fails to comply with subsection (1) as a result of giving notice under section 381 (alteration of accounting reference date)—
(a) specifying a new accounting reference date, and
(b) stating that the current accounting reference period or the previous accounting reference period is to be shortened,
shall be treated as if it had complied with subsection (1) if it holds a general meeting as its annual general meeting within three (3) months of giving that notice.
(3) If a company fails to comply with subsection (1), a contravention of these Regulations is committed by every officer of the company who is in default.
(4) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (3) shall be liable to a level 3 fine.