35. Seat of arbitration
(1) The parties are free to agree on the seat of arbitration.
(2) If the parties have agreed that the seat of arbitration shall be the Abu Dhabi Global Market, no other connection with the Abu Dhabi Global Market is required for these Regulations to apply.
(3) Failing the parties’ agreement on the seat of arbitration, the seat of arbitration shall be determined by (a) any arbitral or other institution or person vested by the parties with powers in that regard, or (b) the arbitral tribunal, having regard to the circumstances of the case, including the convenience of the parties.
(4) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (1) and (3), the arbitral tribunal may, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, meet at any place it considers appropriate for consultation among its members, for hearing witnesses, experts or the parties, or for inspection of goods, other property or documents.
(5) For the purpose of subsection (4), a meeting may take place, in whole or in part, in person or by video conference, telephone or other communications technology (or any combination thereof) in one or more geographical places.