33. Withdrawal of a complaint
(1) A complainant may withdraw their complaint at any time.
(2) Where a complaint is withdrawn, it may still be investigated if paragraph (3) applies.
(3) A withdrawn complaint may continue to be investigated where it is being considered by —
(a) the Bureau under Part 2 of these Rules;
(b) a nominated judge under Part 4 of these Rules;
(c) an investigating judge under Part 5 of these Rules;
(d) a disciplinary panel under Part 6 of these Rules,
if the Bureau, the nominated judge, the investigating judge or the disciplinary judge (as the case may be) considers it appropriate to continue to investigate the complaint.
(4) Where paragraph (3) applies, the case is to continue to be considered under these Rules as if the complaint had not been withdrawn and the complainant must be informed of this decision by the Bureau, the nominated judge, the investigating judge or the disciplinary panel as the case may be.