250. Statements of policy: procedure
(1) Before the Registrar issues a statement under section 249 (statements of policy), the Registrar must publish a draft of the proposed statement in the way appearing to the Registrar to be best calculated to bring it to the attention of the public.
(2) The draft must be accompanied by notice that representations about the proposal may be made to the Registrar within a specified time.
(3) Before issuing the proposed statement, the Registrar must have regard to any representations made to it in accordance with subsection (2).
(4) If the Registrar issues the proposed statement it must publish an account, in general terms, of—
(a) the representations made to it in accordance with subsection (2); and
(b) its response to them.
(5) If the statement differs from the draft published under subsection (1) in a way which is, in the opinion of the Registrar, significant, the Registrar must (in addition to complying with subsection (4)) publish details of the difference.
(6) The Registrar may charge a reasonable fee for providing a person with a copy of a draft published under subsection (1).
(7) This section also applies to a proposal to alter or replace a statement.