215. Copy of contract or memorandum of terms to be available for inspection
(1) A company must keep available for inspection—
(a) a copy of every director's service contract with the company or with a subsidiary of the company, or
(b) if the contract is not in writing, a written memorandum setting out the terms of the contract.
(2) All the copies and memoranda must be kept available for inspection at—
(a) the company's registered office, or
(b) a place specified in rules made by the Board under section 996 (rules about where certain company records to be kept available for inspection).
(3) The copies and memoranda must be retained by the company for at least one year from the date of termination or expiry of the contract and must be kept available for inspection during that time.
(4) The company must give notice to the Registrar—
(a) of the place at which the copies and memoranda are kept available for inspection, and
(b) of any change in that place,
unless they have at all times been kept at the company's registered office.
(5) If default is made in complying with subsection (1), (2) or (3), or default is made for 14 days in complying with subsection (4), a contravention of these Regulations is committed by every officer of the company who is in default.
(6) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (5) shall be liable to a level 1 fine.
(7) The provisions of this section apply to a variation of a director's service contract as they apply to the original contract.