213. Retention of Documents taken under section 212
(1) Any Document of which possession is taken under section 212 (a "Seized Document") may be retained so long as it is necessary to retain it (rather than copies of it) in the circumstances.
(2) A person claiming to be the owner of a Seized Document may apply to the Court of First Instance for an order for the delivery of the Document to the person appearing to the Court of First Instance to be the owner.
(3) If on an application under subsection (2) the Court of First Instance cannot ascertain who is the owner of the Seized Document the Court of First Instance may make such order as it thinks fit.
(4) An order under subsection (2) or (3) does not affect the right of any person to take legal proceedings against any person in possession of a Seized Document for the recovery of the Document.
(5) Any right to bring proceedings (as described in subsection (4)) may only be exercised within six months of the date of the order made under subsection (2) or (3).