208. Costs of an investigation
(1) Subject to subsection (2) and section 235, the Regulator shall be responsible for the costs and expenses of an investigation.
(2) Where, as a result of an investigation under this Part, a person is found by the Court to have committed the contravention of these Regulations which is the subject matter of the investigation, the Court may order, on application brought by the Regulator, that the person pay or reimburse the Regulator in respect of the whole, or a specified part of, the costs and expenses of the investigation, including the remuneration of any person involved in the investigation.
(3) The Court may make an order under subsection (2), on an application by the Regulator, whether or not the person has commenced, or intends to commence, a reference, appeal or other proceeding in relation to a decision of the Regulator.
(4) The Regulator may apply to the Court for an order under subsection (2) only where there are proceedings before the Court relating to the alleged contravention by the person.
(5) The Regulator may enter into any agreement regarding costs with the Person Under Investigation.