201. The Regulator's power to require information
(1) If the Regulator reasonably considers that it requires information or Documents in connection with the exercise by the Regulator of any of its functions or powers, or to further one or more of its objectives, the Regulator or an Officer appointed in writing by the Regulator, may, by notice in writing given to a person specified in subsection (2), require him —
(a) to provide Specified information or information of a Specified description; or
(b) to produce Specified Documents or Documents of a Specified description;
in such form as the Regulator may reasonably require.
(2) Subsection (1) applies to any person subject to Rules made under these Regulations, including Authorised Persons, Recognised Bodies, Controllers, Approved Persons and Recognised Persons, or any person connected to such person and their employees.
(3) The information or Documents must be provided or produced —
(a) before the end of such reasonable period as may be Specified; and
(b) at such place as may be Specified.
(4) Nothing in this section prevents the Regulator from making a request for information to be provided on a voluntary basis, or prevents a person from responding to such a request.
|Amended on December 11, 2018|