164. Personal injury claims for future pecuniary loss
(1) This rule applies to a claim for damages for personal injury which is or includes a claim for future pecuniary loss.
(2) An offer to settle such a claim will not have the consequences set out in this Part unless it is made by way of a Part 18 offer under this rule.
(3) A Part 18 offer to which this rule applies may contain an offer to pay, or an offer to accept the whole or part of the damages for future pecuniary loss in form of a lump sum, a periodical payment or both a lump sum and periodical payments or the whole or part of any other damages in the form of a lump sum.
(4) In addition to the information required by Rule 154, a Part 18 offer made under this Rule must contain such further information as required by, and set out in, any relevant practice direction.
(5) Rule 152 applies to the extent that a Part 18 offer made by a defendant under this rule includes an offer to pay all or part of any damages in the form of a lump sum.
(6) Where the offeror makes a Part 18 offer to which this rule applies and which offers to pay or to accept damages in the form of a lump sum and periodical payments, the offeree may only give notice of acceptance of the offer as a whole.
|Amended on June 1, 2017|