16. General Jurisdiction of the Court of First Instance
(1) The Court of First Instance shall be a superior court of record.
(2) Subject to the provisions of these Regulations, there shall be exercisable by the Court of First Instance all such jurisdiction as is conferred on it by —
(a) Articles 13(7) and (8) of the ADGM Founding Law;
(b) an Applicable Abu Dhabi Law;
(c) these Regulations;
(d) any other ADGM enactment; or
(e) any request, in writing, by the parties to have the Court of First Instance determine the claim or dispute.
(3) Save as provided by Article 13(1) of the ADGM Founding Law, any jurisdiction of the Court of First Instance shall be exercisable only by a single Judge of that Court, except in so far as provided otherwise by court procedure rules.
(4) The specific mention elsewhere in these Regulations of any jurisdiction covered by subsection (2) shall not derogate from the generality of that subsection.