(1) Any decision, order or direction made by the Panel in accordance with these Regulations or Rules made under section 2 may be appealed by the person against whom such decision, order or direction was made, to the Appeals Panel constituted under section 227 of the Financial Services and Markets Regulations 2015 (the "Appeals Panel") for a full merits review.
(2) The Appeals Panel has jurisdiction to do as it deems necessary for, or in connection with, or reasonably incidental to, performing its functions and exercising its powers conferred for the purposes of these Regulations, including the giving of directions as to practice and procedure to be followed by the Appeals Panel in the hearing and/or determination of appeals of decisions, orders or directions of the Panel.
(3) The President of the Appeals Panel may establish one or more sub panels to exercise the jurisdiction and perform the role of the Appeals Panel.
(4) The President of the Appeals Panel, or the head of a sub panel established pursuant to subsection (3), may make any procedural order or order granting interim relief that the Appeals Panel has jurisdiction to make.
(5) Notice of appeal against a decision or direction of the Panel must be given to the Appeals Panel within 28 days of the relevant decision or direction.
(6) The provisions of sections 228(5) to (10), section 229 (but excluding subsection (1)(b)) and 230 of the Financial Services and Markets Regulations 2015 shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to appeals made under this Section 16 provided that for such purposes references in the Financial Services and Markets Regulations 2015 to:
(a) the "Regulator" and the "Chief Executive" shall be construed as references to the "Panel",
(b) the "Regulatory Committee" should be disregarded, and
(c) "these Regulations" should be construed as References "these Regulations or Rules made under section 2".