158. Acceptance of a Part 18 offer
(1) A Part 18 offer is accepted by serving written notice of acceptance on the offeror.
(2) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), a Part 18 offer may be accepted at any time (whether or not the offeree has subsequently made a different offer), unless it has already been withdrawn.
(3) The Court's permission is required to accept a Part 18 offer where an apportionment is required under Rule 154(2) or a trial is in progress.
(4) Where the Court gives permission under paragraph (3), unless all the parties have agreed costs, the Court must make an order dealing with costs, and may order that the costs consequences set out in Rule 161 apply.