13. Power of Registrar to request and obtain information and documents
(1) The Registrar may, by notice in writing served on an ADGM Person (or its officers or directors), require him to submit to the Registrar in such form and manner, at such times or intervals, at such place and in respect of such periods as may be specified in the notice, with such information as the Registrar may reasonably require for the performance of his functions under these Regulations.
(2) The Registrar may, by notice in writing served on an ADGM Person:
(a) require him to produce, in such form and manner, within such time and at such place as may be specified in the notice, such information or documents of such description as may be so specified;
(b) require him to furnish, to any of the Registrar’s officers, servants or agents authorised for the purposes of this paragraph, on production of evidence of such authority, such information and documents or information and documents of such description as the officer, servant or agent may specify, either forthwith or within such time, and at such place, and in such form and manner, as may be so specified, for the purposes of their inspecting them; being information or documents reasonably required by the Registrar for the performance of his functions under these Regulations.
(3) The powers conferred by this paragraph to require an ADGM Person to produce any documents include the power:
(a) if the documents are produced, to take copies of them or extracts from them, in circumstances where the Registrar is satisfied that the taking of such copies or extracts is necessary for the proper exercise of powers under or in relation to Part 4 (Offences, Fines & Enforcement) of these Regulations; and
(b) if the documents are not produced, to require the ADGM Person who was required to produce them to state, to the best of his knowledge and belief, where they are.
(4) Nothing in this section 13 shall restrict the powers of the Registrar as prescribed under section 901 of the Companies Regulations.