12. Requirement to notify the Registrar
(1) In order to be entitled to operate in such a capacity, a Data Controller must first be registered as a data controller with the Registrar. A data controller shall notify the Registrar of its intention to become a Data Controller in the required form. A Data Controller shall establish and maintain records of any Personal Data Processing operations or set of such operations intended to secure a single purpose or several related purposes.
(2) The Registrar may by written notification prescribe —
(a) the information in relation to Personal Data Processing operations that shall be recorded for the purposes of subsection (1);
(b) the circumstances in which a Data Controller shall notify the Registrar of any operations referred to in subsection (1); and
(c) the content of any such notification and any fees to be paid on such notification.
(3) A Data Controller must also notify the Registrar of —
(a) an intention to renew its annual registration as a Data Controller;
(b) an intention to change any appointed Data Processor;
(c) any change in the particulars of any appointed Data Processor; and
(d) any change in its business contact details.
(4) Natural persons acting in their capacity as staff for a Data Controller or Data Processor are not subject to any personal obligations to register or make notifications under these Regulations.