118. Register of members
(1) Every company must keep a register of its members.
(2) There must be entered in the register—
(a) the names and addresses of the members,
(b) the date on which each person was registered as a member, and
(c) the date at which any person ceased to be a member.
(3) In the case of a company having a share capital, there must be entered in the register, with the names and addresses of the members, a statement of—
(a) the shares held by each member, distinguishing each share—
(i) by its number (so long as the share has a number), and
(ii) where the company has more than one class of issued shares, by its class, and
(b) the amount paid or agreed to be considered as paid on the shares of each member.
(4) In the case of joint holders of shares in a company, the company's register of members must state the names of each joint holder. In other respects joint holders are regarded for the purposes of this Chapter as a single member (so that the register must show a single address).
(5) In the case of a company that does not have a share capital but has more than one class of members, there must be entered in the register, with the names and addresses of the members, a statement of the class to which each member belongs.
(6) If a company makes default in complying with this section a contravention of these Regulations is committed by—
(a) the company, and
(b) every officer of the company who is in default.
(7) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (7) shall be liable to a level 2 fine.