93. Re-registration Of Public Company As Private And Unlimited
Past version: effective from 29/04/2020 - 28/04/2020
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) A public company limited by shares may be re-registered as an unlimited private company with a share capital if–
(a) all the members of the company have assented to its being so reregistered,
(b) the condition specified below is met, and
(c) an application for re-registration is delivered to the Registrar in accordance with section 94 (application and accompanying documents), together with–
(i) the other documents required by that section, and
(ii) a statement of compliance.
(2) The condition is that the company has not previously been re-registered–
(a) as limited, or
(b) as unlimited.
(3) The company must make such changes–
(a) in its name, and
(b) in its articles,
as are necessary in connection with its becoming an unlimited private company.
(4) For the purposes of this section–
(a) a person appointed by a competent Court or by law to manage the affairs of a bankrupt member of the company is entitled, to the exclusion of the member, to assent to the company’s re-registration, and
(b) the personal representative of a deceased member of the company may assent on behalf of the deceased.