Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) The Board may make rules relating to the requirements to be followed in relation to these Regulations.
(2) In making the rules, the Board shall have regard to —
(a) the purpose of these Regulations; and
(b) the principle that a registered interest is not to be adversely affected except with the registered owner's consent.
(3) Without limiting subsection (1), the rules made under this section may provide for —
(a) the form and content of and the requirements for instruments, documents and plans;
(b) the number of copies of instruments, documents and plans to be lodged;
(c) the need for lodging consents, certificates and other documents;
(d) the execution of instruments (including in electronic form);
(e) the practice of carrying forward registered interests onto new folios;
(f) the amount of fees and charges;
(g) the time and method of paying fees and charges; and
(h) the circumstances in which, and the methods by which, the Registrar publishes, or requires others to publish, notifications of actions the Registrar intends to take.
(4) The Board's rules shall be complied with unless the Board or the Registrar dispenses with compliance.
(5) The Registrar may prepare a schedule of fees and charges to reflect rules as to fees and charges passed by the Board as described in section 132, which schedule may be amended or modified by the Registrar from time to time with the prior approval of the Board.