942. Registrar's requirements as to form, authentication and manner of delivery
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) The Registrar may impose requirements as to the form, authentication and manner of delivery of documents required or authorised to be delivered to the Registrar under any law or regulation applicable in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(2) As regards the form of the document, the Registrar may—
(a) require the contents of the document to be in a standard form,
(b) impose requirements for the purpose of enabling the document to be scanned or copied.
(3) As regards authentication, the Registrar may—
(a) require the document to be authenticated by a particular person or a person of a particular description,
(b) specify the means of authentication,
(c) require the document to contain or be accompanied by the name or registered number (or both) of the company (or other body) to which it relates.
(4) As regards the manner of delivery, the Registrar may specify requirements as to—
(a) the physical form of the document (for example, hard copy or electronic form),
(b) the means to be used for delivering the document (for example, by post or electronic means),
(c) the address to which the document is to be sent,
(d) in the case of a document to be delivered by electronic means, the hardware and software to be used, and technical specifications (for example, matters relating to protocol, security, anti-virus protection or encryption).
(5) The power conferred by this section does not authorise the Registrar to require documents to be delivered by electronic means (see section 943).
(6) Requirements imposed under this section must not be inconsistent with requirements imposed by any law or regulation applicable in the Abu Dhabi Global Market with respect to the form, authentication or manner of delivery of the document concerned.