908. Appointment of replacement inspectors
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(a) an inspector resigns,
(b) an inspector's appointment is revoked, or
(c) an inspector dies,
the Registrar may appoint one or more competent inspectors to continue the investigation.
(2) An appointment under subsection (1) shall be treated for the purposes of this Part (apart from this section) as an appointment under the provision of this Part under which the former inspector was appointed.
(3) The Registrar must exercise its power under subsection (1) so as to secure that at least one inspector continues the investigation.
(4) Subsection (3) does not apply if—
(a) the Registrar could give any replacement inspector a direction under section 906 (termination of investigation), and
(b) such a direction would (under subsection (4) of that section) result in a final report not being made.
(5) In this section, references to an investigation include any investigation the former inspector conducted under section 895 (power to investigate affairs of holding company or subsidiary).