358. Public companies: company's duty to circulate members' resolutions for AGMs
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) A company that is required under section 357 (members' power to require circulation of resolutions for AGMs) to give notice of a resolution must send a copy of it to each member of the company entitled to receive notice of the annual general meeting—
(a) in the same manner as notice of the meeting, and
(b) at the same time as, or as soon as reasonably practicable after, it gives notice of the meeting.
(2) Subsection (1) has effect subject to section 359(2)(deposit or tender of sum in respect of expenses of circulation).
(3) The business which may be dealt with at an annual general meeting includes a resolution of which notice is given in accordance with this section.
(4) In the event of default in complying with this section, a contravention of these Regulations is committed by every officer of the company who is in default.
(5) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (4) shall be liable to a fine of up to level 4.