157. Duty to notify Registrar of changes
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) A company must, within the period of 14 days from—
(a) a person becoming or ceasing to be a director, or
(b) the occurrence of any change in the particulars contained in its register of directors or its register of directors' residential addresses,
give notice to the Registrar of the change and of the date on which it occurred.
(2) Notice of a person having become a director of the company must—
(a) contain a statement of the particulars of the new director that are required to be included in the company's register of directors and its register of directors' residential addresses, and
(b) be accompanied by a consent, by that person, to act in that capacity.
(a) a company gives notice of a change of a director's service address as stated in the company's register of directors, and
(b) the notice is not accompanied by notice of any resulting change in the particulars contained in the company's register of directors' residential addresses,
the notice must be accompanied by a statement that no such change is required.
(4) If default is made in complying with this section, a contravention of these Regulations is committed by—
(a) the company, and
(b) every officer of the company who is in default.
For this purpose a shadow director is treated as an officer of the company.
(5) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (4) is liable to a level 1 fine.