151. Appointment of directors of public company to be voted on individually
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) At a general meeting of a public company a motion for the appointment of two or more persons as directors of the company by a single resolution must not be made unless a resolution that it should be so made has first been agreed to by the meeting without any vote being given against it.
(2) A resolution moved in contravention of this section is void, whether or not its being so moved was objected to at the time, but where a resolution so moved is passed, no provision for the automatic reappointment of retiring directors in default of another appointment applies.
(3) For the purposes of this section a motion for approving a person's appointment, or for nominating a person for appointment, is treated as a motion for his appointment.
(4) Nothing in this section applies to a resolution amending the company's articles.