62. Appeal from Registrar's decision
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) An appeal lies to the Court from any decision of the Registrar to uphold or dismiss an application under section 58 (objection to company's registered name).
(2) Notice of appeal against a decision upholding an application must be given before the date specified in the Registrar's notice by which the respondent company's name is to be changed.
(3) If notice of appeal is given against a decision upholding an application, the effect of the Registrar's notice is suspended.
(4) If on appeal the Court—
(a) affirms the decision of the Registrar to uphold the application, or
(b) reverses the decision of the Registrar to dismiss the application,
the Court may (as the case may require) specify the date by which the Registrar's notice is to be complied with, remit the matter to the Registrar or make any order or determination that the Registrar might have made.
(5) If the Court determines a new name for the company it must give notice of the determination—
(a) to the parties to the appeal, and
(b) to the Registrar.