138. Evidence for courts of other Convention States
Past version: effective from 01/06/2017 - 31/05/2017
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) This Rule applies where —
(a) in the case of the GCC Convention, a competent authority; and
(b) in the case of the Riyadh Convention, a competent body in another Convention State ("the requesting court"),
issues a request for evidence to be taken from a person who is in the jurisdiction.
(2) An application for an order for evidence to be taken under this Rule must be made to the Court of First Instance and must be accompanied by the documents set out in any relevant practice direction.
(3) An application for an order for evidence to be taken under this Rule may be made without notice.
(4) Rule 133 applies to an examination under this Rule.
(5) The examiner must send the deposition to the Court for transmission to the requesting court, and a copy of the deposition to the person who obtained the order for evidence to be taken under this Rule.
|Amended on June 1, 2017|