PART 2 PART 2 ELECTRONIC CONTRACTS
6. Legal recognition of Electronic contracts
An Electronic Record of a contract has the same legal effect, validity and enforceability as if it was in tangible written form.
7. Formation and validity of contracts in an Electronic Communication(1) In the context of the formation of contracts, an offer and the acceptance of an offer may be made in an Electronic Communication.(2) Where an Electronic Communication is used in the formation of a contract, that contract has the same legal effect, validity and enforceability as if it was in tangible written form.
8. Effectiveness of intent or other statement
Where an Electronic Communication is used for a declaration of intent or other statement, such intent or statement has the same legal effect, validity and enforceability as if it was made in tangible written form.
9. Invitation to make an offer
A proposal to conclude a contract made through Electronic Communications that is not addressed to any specific Addressee and is generally accessible to the public, including on a webpage, is to be considered as an invitation to make offers.
10. Use of automated message systems for contract formation
A contract is capable of being formed by the interaction of an automated message system and a natural person, or by the interaction of Automated Message Systems.