Limited Liability Partnerships (Amendment No. 1) Rules 2020
Decision to amend the Limited Liability Partnership Rules 2020.
Date of Adoption: 29 April 2020
The Board of Directors of the Abu Dhabi Global Market, in exercise of its powers conferred by section 16 of the Limited Liability Partnership Regulations 2020, hereby rules with immediate effect as follows:
1. Amendments to the Limited Liability Partnership Rules 2020The Limited Liability Partnership Rules 2020 (the "Rules") shall be amended as follows.….
CHAPTER 17: THE REGISTRAR OF COMPANIES
….55. Certificates of incorporationSections 939 and 940 apply to LLPs, modified so that they read as follows—"939. Public notice of issue of certificate of incorporation(1) The Registrar must cause to be published−(a) on its website, or(b) in accordance with section 988 (alternative means of giving public notice),….940. Form and
Rright to certificate of incorporation(1) Any person may require the Registrar to provide it with a copy of any certificate of incorporation of a LLP, signed by the Registrar or authenticated by the Registrar's seal.Any certificate of incorporation issued by the Registrar shall be in electronic form only, unless a request is made pursuant to Section 940(2).(2) Any person may request that the Registrar provide it with a paper copy of any certificate of incorporation of an LLP, signed by the Registrar or authenticated by the Registrar's seal.(3) The Board may make rules requiring the payment of certain fees to the Registrar for the provision of the paper copy as described in subsection 940(2)."….
2. Short title, extent and commencement
(1) These Rules may be cited as the Limited Liability Partnership (Amendment No.1) Rules 2020.
(2) These Rules shall apply in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(3) These Rules come into force on the date of their publication.