PART 7 PART 7 — ADGM Court Procedure Rules
186. ADGM Court Procedure Rules(1) There are to be court procedure rules (to be called "ADGM Court Procedure Rules"), made by rules, which govern and provide for all the practice and procedure to be followed in —(a) the Court of Appeal;(b) the Court of First Instance; and(c) any other Court as may, from time to time, exist.(2) ADGM Court Procedure Rules may provide for any matter of practice or procedure to be made and/or governed by practice directions.(3) Unless otherwise provided by an Applicable Abu Dhabi Law or an ADGM enactment, ADGM Court Procedure Rules shall apply to the Court of Appeal and to all Divisions of the Court of First Instance.(4) Any power to make ADGM Court Procedure Rules is to be exercised with a view to securing that —(a) the system of civil justice is accessible, fair and efficient; and(b) the ADGM Court Procedure Rules are both simple and simply expressed.
187. Chief Justice to make court procedure rules(1) Subject to subsection (2), court procedure rules are to be made by the Chief Justice only.(2) The Chief Justice may nominate a judicial office holder to exercise his functions under this section.
188. Process for making court procedure rules(1) The Chief Justice may, before making court procedure rules, consult such persons as he considers appropriate.(2) Court procedure rules come into force on such day as the Chief Justice, or his nominee, directs.
189. Power to make consequential amendments(1) Subject to the ADGM Founding Law, the Board may, after consulting the Chief Justice —(a) by order amend, repeal or revoke any ADGM enactment to the extent it considers necessary or desirable in consequence of —(ii) court procedure rules;(b) by order amend, repeal or revoke any ADGM enactment, passed or made before the commencement of this section, to the extent it considers necessary or desirable in order to facilitate the making of court procedure rules.(2) The Chief Justice may nominate a judicial officer holder to exercise his functions under subsection (1).
190. Court procedure rules requested by the Board(1) This section applies if the Board gives the Chief Justice, or his nominee, a written request for court procedure rules to include such provision as would achieve a purpose specified in the request.(2) The Chief Justice, or his nominee, may make such court procedure rules as he considers necessary to achieve the specified purpose.
191. Practice directions(1) Subject to subsection (2), practice directions are to be made by the Chief Justice only.(2) The Chief Justice may nominate a judicial office holder to make practice directions.(3) The power to make practice directions under subsection (1) includes the power to —(a) vary or revoke practice directions;(b) make practice directions containing different provision for different cases (including different areas);(c) make practice directions containing provision for a specific Court, for specific proceedings or for a specific jurisdiction.